i made these baked pears for dessert last night and they turned out to be scrum-dilly-icious! quick, seasonal and super healthy- i think you'll love this recipe.
- bartlett pears (i used 6 for this recipe)
- 1 cup of apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
1. preheat oven to 400°F. wash the pears thoroughly and slice each of them in half, removing the seedy core from the middle. place cut side up in a large baking dish.
2. in a bowl, whisk together the juices and spices and pour over the pears.
3. sprinkle the raisins and cranberries over the top of the pears and cover with tinfoil.
4. bake until tender with a fork, about 45 minutes. serve with ice cream and enjoy!