hello, lovelies!! although ghtr isn't set up to view everyone's gravatars in the comment section, i can still see them on the 'back-end' of the blog and i'm always surprised by how few people set up their gravatar. not only is really fun, but super easy, too! here's how:
but wait! you say. what is a gravatar? gravatar is an abbreviation for globally recognized avatar and once you register yours based on your email address, an avatar will be associated with your account. then, when you post a comment on a blog that requires an e-mail address, the blogging software checks whether that e-mail address has an associated avatar at gravatar. if so, the gravatar is shown along with the comment. cool, right?
1) save a photo to be used as your gravatar on your computer. a gravatar avatar can be up to 512 pixels wide, but is displayed at 80 by 80 pixels by default. your image must be be square- otherwise it will be skewed!
2) visit gravatar and click on 'get your gravatar today'.
3) enter your e-mail address (be sure to use the one you most commonly use to comment with), then confirm and create your account.
4) upload you image and save. you're all done!
5) start commenting like a maniac!!