along with my plant frenzies, i had a little time to get crafty as well! i ran across this article on how to paint your own chalkboard as i was organizing some of my magazines. i had torn it out and stuck it another magazine over 3 years ago!! i remembered how much i loved the project, and picked up the necessities on my lowes expedition.
what you need:
- flat latex paint in your desired color
- unsanded tile grout (2 tbls for each 1 cup of paint)
- a roller or brush
- 150 grit sandpaper
- painter's tape
- for small areas, mix one cup at a time. stir 2 tbsp of unsanded tile grout into one cup of paint, making sure any clumps dissolve.
- apply the mixture to either a roller or brush and and begin painting your surface. make sure to coat evenly and thoroughly (mine took about 3 coats). then, let it dry.
- once dry, sand the surface with your 150 grit sand paper to smooth it.
- to condition, run your chalk complety over the entire surface, and wipe clean.
- enjoy your new chalkboard!
here's my lonesome door before...
and here it is after!
oh the endless possibilities :: cabinet doors, pantry doors, wall spaces, children's wall, office desks and more!