happy monday, friends! if you've been around here for a while, you know i love terrariums. unfortunately, i've learned the hard way about which plants do and don't survive in this type of climate! (let's just say mine once started growing mushrooms.. ) in efforts of helping you skip the trial and error phase, i thought you might find this article helpful. better homes and gardens recently published an article about which plants work best for terrariums, and i've summed them up in an easy to view table below (you can read the bhg article for more details!).
as pictured above:
1. peperomia caperata 'variegata'
2. cryptanthus bivittatus
3. arachnoides simplicior 'variegata'
4. pilea involucrata 'moon valley'
5. selaginella kraussiana 'aurea'
6. tillandsia stricta
7. acorus gramineus 'minimus aureus'
8. ophiopogon planiscapus 'nigrescens'
9. asplenium bulbiferum
10. saxifraga stolonifera
11. fittonia verschaffeltii var. argyroneura
all images via better homes and garden